- 2 red apples
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken, chopped (cooked frozen strips/pieces, cooked leftovers, or cook with your own recipe)
- 18 lettuce leaves
- Wash hands with warm water and soap, scrubbing for at least 20 seconds.
- If needed, cook chicken using the How to Cook Chicken recipe.
- Rinse all fresh produce under cold water in a colander. Scrub celery and apples with a vegetable brush.
- Using the cutting board and knife, dice 2 stalks of celery.
- Chop 2 red apples, remove the core and seeds.
- Combine chopped apples, celery, and 2 cups diced chicken in a bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup raisins, 1/4 cup light mayonnaise, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper to bowl.
- Still all ingredients together.
- Arrange 3 lettuce leaves on a plate and top lettuce with 1 cup apple and chicken salad mixture.
- Store leftovers in bowl with a lid in refrigerator for 3 to 4 days.
Yield: 6 servings.
240 calories, 3 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 35 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g sugar, 17 g protein.