- 5 ounces fresh spinach
- 4 large Gala apples
- 2 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted (see directions below)
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
Wash and Dry fresh spinach. Tear into small pieces. Core and chop apples into bite sized pieces. Do not peel. Mix together spinach, apples, cheese, almonds and raisins. In a small bowl, stir together dressing ingredients and pour over salad mixture.Toss and serve.
To toast almonds: Spread almonds evenly into a small saute pan, over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds, stir. Continue to heat almonds for an additional 3-5 minutes, stirring often for even browning. Remove from heat when almonds are fragrant and turning golden brown around the edges. Immediately pour almonds into a dish to cool.