- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 60 whole baby Portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup crushed bran flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- Steam the cauliflower by placing in a saucepan in 1/2-inch of boiling water, cover with lid, and cook for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Place cooked cauliflower in a bowl and mash using a potato masher.
- Remove the stems and scoop out the caps of mushrooms. Chop stems for later use.
- Combine yogurt, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, bran flakes, bell peppers, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a medium bowl.
- Stir in cauliflower and 1/2 cup of the reserved chopped mushroom stems.
- Stuff the cauliflower mixture into the hollowed mushroom caps. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered for 20 minutes.
Yield: 20 servings, 3 mushrooms per serving.NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS
45 calories, 1.5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g sugar, 4 g protein.