- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (About one pound)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12-14 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, diced, about one cup
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced, about one cup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Heat oil in a heavy, oven-safe skillet or pan over medium heat. Add chicken and sauté 3-4 minutes. Lightly season with salt and pepper.
Add vegetables and stir gently to combine. Cook 3-5 minutes until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat. If skillet or pan is not oven-safe, transfer mixture to a baking dish.
In a small bowl, combine half-and-half, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Pour mixture over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes until lightly golden on top. Serve hot.
Makes 6, 1-cup servings.