June 6-10, 2020
All Expense Paid Trip to Washington, D.C.
Includes: airfare, food, lodging, activities, & transportation
Sponsored locally by:
NCTC, Your Membership CooperativeApplication Deadline: Monday, March 2, 2020
Applicant’s parents must be NCTC members for at least one year, and family must reside full-time in the cooperative’s service area. Two area high-school students will be sponsored this year.
Other Program Requirements
- Be a high-school student living full-time in NCTC’s service area.
- Have at least a 3.25 GPA.
- Must be 16 or 17 at time of trip and not turn 18 before June 6, 2020.
- Exhibit demonstrated leadership in school activities.
- Exhibit demonstrated interest in community service through volunteer activities.
- Complete a Youth Tour Application.
- Include with your application a brief interest letter, which states why you would like to attend and what your plans are beyond high school.
- Include a recent school photograph (2 1/2” by 3 1/2” to remain the property of the Cooperative) or similar of yourself for the Youth Tour Booklet.
- Include with your application a letter of recommendation from a teacher or school official.
- Write an essay of up to 500 words typed that addresses the following topic:
“Understanding Telephone Cooperatives: Past, Present, & Future”
- Return these items to NCTC’s main office in envelope addressed NCTC – Washington D.C. Trip in person during business hours @ 872 Hwy 52 By-pass E, Lafayette, TN OR by mailing to PO Box 70, Lafayette, TN 37083