- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups peeled and cubed sweet pttatoes
- 1 1/2 cups diced sweet and hot peppers, or bell peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 medium eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cerushed red pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add 2 tablespooons of olive oil to a large nonstick skillet, and heat to medium.
Add sweet potatoes and diced peppers. Cook uncovered until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from skillet.
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to skillet. Add turkey sausage, and cook 5 to 7 minutes until cooked through. Drain off fat, if needed.
Generously grease an 8-by-8-inch baking dish. Add the sausage, peppers, and potatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
In a bowl, crack eggs and lightly beat. Add salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper to egg mixture. Pour eggs over peppers and potatoes.
Bake uncovered ror 25 to 30 minutes or until the mixture is set.
Yiield: 8 Servings