- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 3 medium summer squash, sliced crosswise
- 1 cup whole grain rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 ¼ pounds boneless chicken breast
- 1, 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nonstick cooking spray
Slice squash into ¼ inch pieces. Combine all vegetables, with garlic in a bowl. Set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat to medium. Add chicken, cook 6 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add vegetable mixture to the skillet. Add tomato sauce and dried Italian seasoning. Stir well. Increase heat, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, cook 10 minutes or until summer squash is tender, stirring occasionally. Stir cooked pasta into chicken and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Season as need.
Makes 8 servings.