NCTC proudly congratulates the six outstanding area high school graduates who are recipients of the cooperative’s annual scholarships.
Winners of the $1,000 scholarship are Stephen Lancaster, Kristen Shoulders, Kaci Cline, Shayanna Renner, Hunter Davis and Kylie Birdwell.
- Lancaster, a graduate of Macon County High School, plans to attend Tennessee Tech and major in civil engineering. He hopes to one day serve as a civil engineer.
- Shoulders, a graduate of Smith County High School, will attend Tennessee Technological University to study special education. She plans to pursue a career in speech pathology.
- Cline, a graduate of Allen County-Scottsville High School, plans to attend Berea College and major in biology while enrolling in a pre-dental program.
- Renner, a graduate of Westmoreland High School, will major in agriculture education and minor in plant and soil science at the University of Tennessee at Martin. Renner plans to become a high school teacher.
- Davis, a graduate of Clay County High School, plans to attend Tennessee Tech. He hopes to study civil engineering.
- Birdwell, a graduate of Red Boiling Springs High School, plans to attend Austin Peay State University. She hopes to major in accounting and eventually become a certified public accountant.
NCTC offers scholarships annually to hardworking seniors. The scholarship program is part of the cooperative’s commitment to the community. For more information on NCTC scholarships, contact your school guidance and career counselors, or visit our website at nctc.com.