- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium size, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 teaspooon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cups new potatoes
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Pour oil into a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove fat from chicken breasts and cut chicken into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Cook chicken and diced onion in the oil for about 5 minutes or until chicken is done and onions are golden.
- Stir in salt, garlic powder, lemon zest, and 1/2 of the lemon juice.
- Cut potatoes into 1/2 inch chunks, leaving the skin on.
- Add potatoes and vegetable broth then simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the milk.
- Trim and cut asparagus into 1 inch pieces and add to mixture.
- Simmer over medium heat, partially covered, and cook until the asparagus is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Yield: 8, 1 cup servings.
270 calories, 7 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 30 mg cholesterol, 760 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 16 g protein.