- 2 Cups Fresh Blackberries
- 2 Cups Peeled And Sliced Fresh Peaches
- 1 Teaspoon Grated Lemon Peel
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- ½ Cup Packed Brown Sugar & 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Chopped Blanched Almonds
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 6 Tablespoons Butter, Cut Into Pieces
Combine blackberries, peaches, lemon peel, cornstarch and 1/3 cup brown sugar in a large bowl. Pour ingredients into a lightly greased 8-inch baking dish.
Mix together flour, almonds, salt and remaining ½ cup brown sugar. With pastry blender or two knives, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle flour mixture over fruit.
Bake in pre-heated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. Makes 8 ½ cup servings.