- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ¼ cups honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups fresh pureed pumpkin
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 cups Granny Smith apples, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a large bowl, combine flours, baking soda, salt and spices. In a small bowl, combine honey, eggs, pumpkin and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups, two-thirds full. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
You can substitute two cups granulated sugar for honey, decrease baking soda by ¼ teaspoon and increase oven temperature to 350 degrees.
This recipe makes 19 muffins.