- 3 large fresh sweet potatoes, cooked until tender
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Lightly spray a 13 by 9 by 2 inch pan with non-stick spray.
- Mash sweet potatoes. Add cream cheese, 2/3 cup brown sugar, vanilla. and cinnamon. Mix until smooth.
- Spread sweet potato mixture evenly into pan.
- Top sweet potatoes with chopped apples
- In a small bowl, combine flour, oats, and 1/3 cup brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbles. Stir in pecans.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender
Yield: 16 servings, 3/4 cup servings.
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS: 240 calories, 6 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 200 mg sodium,44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g sugar, 4 g protein.