- 1 pound (2 cups) Brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Wash Brussels sprouts, remove outer leaves and cut each sprout in half.
- Mix olive oil, sea salt, garlic powder, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in a medium-sized bowl. Add Brussels sprouts to the mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Mix the hot sauce and honey in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place Brussels sprouts on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drizzle hot sauce mixture over top of cooked Brussels sprouts.
Yield: 4, 1/2 cup servings
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS: 70 calories, 3.5 g fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 320 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g sugars, 2 g protein.